Monday, July 4, 2011

Time Flies When You Forget You Have A Blog!

Oh My. Oh My. It has been OVER a year since I last wrote on my poor blog! I'm feeling a bit ashamed of myself. Heh Heh. My life isn't too exciting, so you haven't missed anything! :)

Another thing I haven't been doing much of is art. But I ALWAYS love to join in the yearly swap of Marion Bockelmann in Germany! She makes amazing art and so do all the participants. I always know that something wonderful will arrive in my mailbox by participating. It's something I look forward to every year and I hope she doesn't stop anytime soon!

This year, the theme was MONA AND FRIENDS. We were to take portraits made by Renaissance era artists and do artsy things to them. I chose to do my ATC's in a steampunk style. It was the first time I tried it and really liked how they came out. I hope the other participants like them too!

This card was inspired by "Vanitas" by Clara Peeters. I chose this work because it was by a female artist of the Renaissance period. Not many women were allowed to paint at that time in history, so it feels very significant to me to help elevate these women as a fellow female artist.

This card was inspired by "The Chess Game" by Sofonisba Anguissola. I absolutely LOVE this painting! It is a painting of the artists sisters playing chess. Again, I chose this work because it was by a female Renaissance artist. But I also chose it because I love the work itsself.  


Lastly, this card was inspired by the painting "St. Catherine" by Barbara Longhi. Longhi mostly painted religious works and not much is known about her except she helped her artist father paint alters for the church.

10 comments:

bockel24 said...

How cool that you´ve chosen female painters - though I´ve studied art history, I didn´t know the last one!

Maija said...

i've always been here!!

martha brown said...

I've been here waiting patiently! Welcome back to blogland :)

Taluula said...

Oh my goodness, everyone of these is absolutely and deliciously stunning. Applause to you.

Janet Ghio said...

Wonderful cards!!

Barb said...

WOW!!...now one of these would love to travel to Australia! Fantastic arty ATCs!

Martina said...

Wow, they look really fantastic! Wish me luck that I get one of them!

.Trudi Sissons said...

Nice to meet a new art blogger and fellow Marion-swapper! Beautiful work! Are they cut and paste or digital?

abby j said...

Nice to "meet" you Tamara...and happy you're pleased with my Mona's Swap card. Hope we exchange more art as time and circumstance allows.

Best,
Abby

Barb said...

Tamara...thanx for stopping by my blog. I am pleased you like my ATC from Marion's swap...and I have one of your beauties......love it!