Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Heath Ledger

This is such sad news. Twenty-eight years old, very talented and the dad of a two year old little girl and his life is over. Every news station is reporting that it was suicide or an overdose of (illegal) drugs. But I don't think it was. A year ago on Ellen he stated that he was really tired and had a difficult time sleeping. Then he talked about not being able to sleep again in a recent interview. I have to wonder if he possibly had some medical issues that caused the sleeplessness and fatigue and never got them checked into. As many of us know, men can be nearly impossible to get to the doctor. Or maybe he just had chronic insomnia and accidentally took too many sleeping pills in an effort to get to sleep. As someone who has dealt with insomnia a lot, I know far too well how out of it you can get when you are horribly sleepy but cannot rest. And sleeping pills only add to that wonkiness. So it could have been an unintentional overdose of sleeping pills in a desperate attempt to sleep. But suicide? Illegal drugs? That just doesn't feel right to me. He didn't seem like the type. But I didn't know him, so I suppose anything is possible. But I surely enjoyed the talent he shared with the world and will miss him.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

i TOTALLY AGREE!!!

BIG HUGZ TO YOU SWEETIE! thanks for your comments on my blog...and yes...book kits are in the works...all sizes...etc...

carylsrealm said...

I agree! He was so adorable!