Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Artful Hands

These two 8x8 collages were created for barb over at 123 Lavender Lollypop Lane. We are doing a tip-in swap and her theme was our hands in shades of white and a color of our choice. We had to trace our hands and add them to the pages. The words on the left hand say "Anything is Possible" and mean just that to me. Especially when it comes to creating art! The birds represent how art has made my life soar. And the heart on the left finger is, of course, my beloved! The tie around the right wrist is representative of how my crushed wrists became locked and frozen (unable to rotate anymore) after the accident. However, the words "Happiness in Life" show how that happening actually led me to art and the expression of my artistic side - which makes me very happy!


PS: Tracing my right hand with my left was a TOTAL TRIP! My left hand works less than my right and it seems to ignore my brain signals 80% of the time. For example, I will often drop things or fling them across the room if I am carrying them with that hand - which isn't what I want to do! So when I was using the pen with that hand I had to keep telling it out loud to keep going. It was like I was talking to something not attched to my body that was hard of hearing! heh heh! I'm glad I can laugh about it, but it is a trip to have a part of your body not work the way it's supposed to! I don't think I'll be trying any non-dominant hand drawing any time soon! :)

1 comment:

Barbara said...

hee hee...i guess my theme was a challenge...(ducking that last throw)